Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Opportunities

I just returned home to finish (read: start) homework for my ethics class at 1:10pm. And this entry helps me further put off that activity...

Anyway, I had an interview this morning. I know, I already was hired for a position... But I haven't signed my contract and got a call for an intriguing position. The position I interviewed for today is a transition focused position at a high school. I am interested because it would be a great learning opportunity and would help me stretch and gain experience in an otherwise daunting part of special education. The downsides are that this is a one year position and would require a lot of work, possibly late nights, etc. Ultimately I'm still fairly "green" according to my teaching resume and the guy who had the next interview was at least 20 years older than me... :)

The whole thing is truly in God's hands. I should hear back before the weekend. I know he has the ideal place for me next year, perhaps it's the job I already have or maybe it's this new one. Either way, he has answered our prayers in my job search trials before and he is doing it now. I just need to be faithful and seek his best rather than what is comfortable or merely acceptable.

So many job hopes, prayers, and decisions are turning around in the house of pb&j....

"I know the plans I have for you... plans to give you a hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We love you!!!

dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home