You are 1 year old! Today is your birthday!
- Milestones: You stood up on your own yesterday! You can gesture and say a few words: yes, dada, mama, dog, banana, this. You are interested in mimicking our play--copying daddy flying an airplane, making the sheep sound "baaa". Previously you were only interested in taking things out of boxes, bags, and cabinets, now you love putting things away--sometimes in unusual places! You make choices when offered a choice between two shirts or two different foods. Your pincer grasp looks great too! You have discovered how to flirt or act coy with people, especially ladies by smiling and hiding your face. You follow 1-step directions well. You play nicely with other babies usually, and you love watching big kids and try to play with them. With your cousin Heath you may take his toys, but when you take his pacifier out, you always try to put it back! You can eat very well with finger foods and are ok with a spoon when mommy helps you.
- Stats: You weigh about 22 lbs. and measure 28 inches long.
- Eating: Your favorite foods are hamburger, chicken, strawberries, grapes, bananas, almond butter, and applesauce.
- Sleeping: You sleep 11-12 hours each night.
- Likes: You love your new birthday gifts! Being outside to crawl around, dig in the dirt/rocks, and put rocks in a bucket. Carrying tools/items around the house, putting items inside containers, splash pad, smiling faces (you love attention!), talking and having people talk back to you, the dishwasher, turning off the light in the fridge, mommy's colorful journaling pens, taking a drink from mommy and daddy's cups, seeing Grandma and Grandpa Prior on Skype, watching/chasing dogs and kitties, opening cabinets, playing tag
- Dislikes: Being on your back, when something gets taken away, when you don't get to do something (like climb into the dishwasher), "Uncle" Joe
- Places: We went to a fun music class this month at Adventure Church. You loved it, especially the big kids and when mommy put you in the air. You went on the train at the Fountains. The biggest event was a fun farmer birthday party with your Mumsy & Popsy, Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt Ashton, Uncle Jordan, cousin Heath, and Uncle JP! What a fun month!
- Songs: "In My Life Lord", "Old MacDonald", "5 Little Monkeys", "High Hopes"
- Books: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Touch & Feel Farm book
This is how he feels about the last monthly sticker! ;)
Happy, happy birthday sweet baby Aaron.
Mommy & Daddy