Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Remodel day 65: Floor to Ceiling

Mom and dad are back from Paris and they returned ready to work! :) Brandon and my dad have been working on installing the laminate flooring. So far it looks great! Meanwhile, I put my mom and myself to work on a huge undertaking... whitewashing all of our kitchen cabinets.

It is not just painting with a watered down white paint. Here's the process in a nutshell:
1. Sand
2. Pre-stain
3. Sand again
4. Apply whitewash/pickling stain and wipe off excess
5. Apply top coat
6. Sand again
7. Apply top coat a second and final time (source: http://www.ronhazelton.com/projects/how_to_make_a_pickled_or_white_wash_finish)

What did I sign us up for? So far, I'm happy with the results. Looking forward to seeing them installed! I'm thankful for my mom's help and patience with me on this particular project.

Somehow we have to finish flooring, get sinks in, find a fridge, tile a shower, pack up our house, and move in one week. Aaaaaahhh!

2 Comments:

At June 27, 2012 at 2:09 AM , Anonymous Mom & Dad Prior said...

One Week till moving day! We KNOW you will get it all done! You continue to persevere and have worked SO HARD! Not one surface remains unchanged!
We are amazed and impressed. Dad & I are so proud of all you've taken on and accomplished!

 
At June 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Nanners said...

Ahhhhhhhh! It is going to work out- don't worry! We don't need sleep!!! :-) I love helping you!!! xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home