Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The News

The past two weeks feel like a whirlwind! It was mostly good things though. But I feel so exhausted. I came home today, put my pj's on, heated up leftovers, and watched some Bachelorette. What is with that show anyway? You really signed up for a national TV show and competed with 24 other guys to find a wife? What?!

Anyway...

I took my Master's in Special Education Comprehensive Exam today. 15 pages and 4 hours later, it was all done. The capstone on my grad work. I'm pretty sure I passed. An 18 out of 30 is passing and I remembered all the sources I needed to remember and probably had more cohesive essays than what I had written for practice.

Rewind to that morning... I was rushing around the house repeating research study authors and publication dates to myself. Brandon was tossing coffee into travel mugs and juggling little Buhner as we were pushing ourselves out the door. I was anxious and a bit snippy about getting out the door, but stopped myself and asked Brandon to pray with me.--That happens more and more often these days, stopping in the middle of something and sometimes not in our best moments to pray--We prayed for my exam then I prayed "God I pray that I DO get that job and that I would find out today"... That felt pretty bold and pretty crazy to basically say to God, "Yeah, I want that job. Can I have it?"

So as I turned in my classroom key and finish filing some last minute paperwork, my phone rings. It was the high school principal I interviewed with offering me the position. So incredible.

I told the office staff and the principal said something to the effect of "Wow, you just turn in your key and you get a job? You're moving near your family, your husband has a job... Everything's falling in place, something must be right."

So true, but not a complete picture. It's not just dumb luck that I found a teaching job in a horrible job market for teachers or that Brandon gets to start doing what he has wanted to do for several years... God is totally in on it. And the beautiful orchestration of timing? God is just such a wonderfully creative writer.

I was talking with my lovely friend yesterday. She called to tell me about amazing things God did in her life. Complete healing and transformation. Then God told her to share what he had done.

So, in light of that conversation, I share all this not to boast, but because God wants us to share the stories of how he's blessed us! They're not just our stories to hold onto. They're part of his larger love story.

What an adventure we're on!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Nanners said...

Jenny- this is so exciting and truly To God be the glory! There is one other part to this- you are a very qualified and extremely gifted teacher with a specialty!! Both you and Brandon put others first and you both have so much integrity... you guys have been obedient, upright, and have put God first... Annnnnd you have the skills necessary for the positions... I am so thankful and I can't wait to see how God will work next! It's great to see nice guys finish first- love u! Xoxo mom

 
At June 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Blogger dana said...

Love this Jenny! God sure knows the big picture eh? Hah, when I often can only see my feet in front of me.

So excited for you guys! and thanks for sharing as well! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home