Friday, June 29, 2012

Remodel day 67: Homecoming

I went to southern California with my mom to celebrate my grandma's 86th birthday, leaving Brandon and my dad to work on the house with some help from Joe. I wasn't allowed to see any pictures until I got back.

Before we could even get to the house we checked Craigslist and found leads so we rushed out to look at and purchase appliances! We got beautiful GE appliances that happen to match our dishwasher and microwave. Wrestling with the fridge was scary... The man we bought it from had to take off the front door of his house and we barely fit it through our garage doorway! Thank goodness we hadn't installed that door yet! Huge thanks to my dad, John V, and Brandon for finessing it into the house so well. It is quite big, but totally worth it since its top of the line.

The best surprise was walking into the house and seeing our master bedroom put together. It was so romantic and special. Tonight Brandon and I are spending our first night in our new home. It's a bit like camping since the only running water is in a toilet and a hose and there's still work to be done (in fact, we're waking up at 5am to tile...). But we're home.

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2012 at 12:17 AM , Blogger Nanners said...

Welcome home!!!! It is like the pioneers- except they didn't have toilets!!! :)) proud of you guys! :) love Mom & Dad xoxox

 
At June 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous Mom Linda said...

Yay!! So happy for the two of you!(typed with happy tears in my eyes)! You certainly have worked hard and God has BLESSED your efforts! We are very thankful & proud of you, also!
Love Mom & Dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home