Sunday, March 20, 2016

Paleo "baby" Banana Pancakes Recipe


The other morning I stumbled onto an amazing recipe!

We eat paleo most of the time... let's be honest it's not 100%! But it is becoming more and more important for our overall health. For my son this is especially important as he is showing some signs (and has been since he was a baby) that he has some wheat/gluten sensitivities.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I remembered it was my turn to bring breakfast to my parenting study. I wanted something that would double as breakfast for me and my son as well. So I whipped up this fun and healthy paleo breakfast!

Paleo "baby" Banana Pancakes

They are so delicious and fluffy! It's hard to make enough for leftovers since my son goes into human vacuum mode.

I hope you and your family enjoy them! (I originally posted these on my @cozykitchenspices instagram)



Paleo "baby" Banana Pancakes
Ingredients:
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed well
• 4 eggs 
• 4 T. Coconut flour 
• 2 T. Coconut oil, melted (or butter)
• 1/4 c. Milk of choice
• 1/2 t. Vanilla
• 1/4 t. Baking powder
• dash salt
• 1/4 t. Cinnamon 
  1. Mash bananas in mixer. Add eggs and mix well. Add coconut flour and let sit 3-5 mins.4
  2. Meanwhile, melt your coconut oil over medium heat. (Pan will now be prepped for cooking) 
  3. Add milk and all other ingredients, except coconut oil. 
  4. Add the melted oil and mix together. 
  5. In your well oiled and warmed pan, add about teaspoon sized amounts to create 3" pancakes. Cook about 2 minutes then flip and cook 2 minutes more. Adjust time to your kitchen and preferences. Makes 35-40 "baby" pancakes.  
You don't have to make them in a small size of course. I just do it for ease of flipping and because my son loves the small size. I love using a generous amount of coconut oil so they fry up and almost get a donut-like consistency. These have been a big hit with my friends' kids as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home